Since 1980 the Chaplaincy Manchester Airport has provided pastoral and spiritual care and guidance to all who work at the airport. The chaplaincy works in partnership with the 200 different companies represented at Manchester Airport with regard to training and support for staff. The chaplaincy provides assistance to all Manchester Airport employees. The matters that the chaplains deal with are confidential.
The Chaplaincy Manchester Airport became a Registered Charitable Company in 1997. (Company No 3664008 Charity No 1074781).
The Chaplaincy Manchester Airport provides a service which includes, but is not limited to:
• praying regularly for the airport community, airlines, passengers and local communities.
• offering spiritual support, pastoral care and understanding to all who work at the Airport.
• offering services of worship for the airport community, its members, and visitors.
• the provision and management of Multi-Faith Prayer Rooms for public use and more private Quiet Rooms for pastoral care.
• training in faith-related aspects of emergency response, diversity issues and pastoral care.
• The provision of holistic care - working with Human Resources and Occupational Health.
• an assurance that all matters are treated with professionalism and in compete confidence.
Chaplains are delighted to assist you in planning a wedding or a service of prayer and dedication following a civil marriage.
We are also happy to help those wanting to explore or deepen their own religious faith, and to prepare you for baptism or confirmation or to direct you towards others who might assist you.
We are also available to assist you in times of bereavement, in planning a funeral, memorial service, or the committal of cremated remains - either in your own local community, or at the airport.
If you would like to speak to a member of the chaplaincy team please contact us on 0161 489 2838
Manchester Airport Aviation Christian Fellowship
The Aviation Christian Fellowship is a group of Christians who meet in fellowship and prayer at the Airport. It is open to anyone who works at the airport for whatever company or organisation.
The meetings are held at 13.00 on Thursdays in the Prayer Room in Terminal 1.
The first Thursday of the month we join with the Communion Service in Terminal 1 Prayer Room
The coordinator for the Aviation Christian Fellowship is Alison Wilding and she can be contacted on 0161 489 3607 or through any of the chaplains.